Christie L. Wilson                                                 Missing: 10/5/2005

Sex: Female.    Height: 5’4” Weight: 140 Hair: Brown  Eyes: Brown 


DOB: 1/10/1978 – Age 28 at the time of disappearance


Clothing: A black crew-neck silky sweater with three-quarter length sleeves, blue jeans, black open-toed wedge sandals with a four-inch heel, a two-toned gold and silver watch, and small hoop earrings. Carrying a black purse with a shoulder strap.

Vehicle: Her Silver BMW was left in the parking lot of Thunder Valley.

Human Hunters-Phillip Christie L. Wilson


Wilson was last seen leaving Thunder Valley Casino in Rocklin, California at 1:15 a.m. on October 5, 2005. Her image was captured on the casino's surveillance cameras as she left with a man. The cameras showed Wilson together with the man for several hours inside the casino itself. The cameras did not show whether she got into his vehicle after she left, but the images also did not show her getting into her own car. She has never been heard from again.


Her boyfriend became concerned when she did not return home that evening, but he did not take immediate action because Wilson had stayed out all night before. He reported her as a missing person on October 6, after he found her silver BMW abandoned in the casino's parking lot.
Authorities quickly identified the individual seen with Wilson as Mario Flavio Garcia. A photograph of him is posted with this case summary. Garcia was charged with kidnapping and rape in 1979; he allegedly abducted his ex-girlfriend, raped her, and threatened her with a gun before releasing her. He pleaded guilty to lesser charges and was sentenced to one year's probation.

He was questioned by investigators about Wilson and initially cooperated, but after two interviews he hired an attorney and refused to answer any further questions. Two of Wilson's hairs were found in his light gray Toyota Camry, one in the trunk and one on the inside passenger door handle.

The day Wilson disappeared, Garcia sought medical attention for a black eye and scratches on his arms. He claimed he had fallen from a tree he was pruning, but authorities believe the injuries were consistent with someone clawing at him.

Several days after Wilson vanished, Garcia was arrested on two counts of possession of illegal weapons. The charges were the result of a search that police conducted on his property in relation to Wilson's disappearance.

Shortly after his arrest, investigators began referring to Wilson's disappearance as a homicide and named Garcia as a suspect. On October 28, twenty-three days after Wilson vanished, Garcia was charged with first-degree murder in her case. He maintained his innocence in Wilson's disappearance and, at his trial, his attorney said there was no evidence to indicate she was even deceased and other suspects should be considered in her disappearance.

In November 2006, Garcia was convicted of Wilson's murder. He was sentenced to 59 years to life in prison in January 2007.

Wilson was born in San Jose, California and resided in Sacramento, California in 2005. She is a 1996 graduate of Gunderson High School and a 2000 graduate of Chico State University. Her loved ones admit that she drank and used drugs, but her mother stated Wilson had a promising job interview lined up and would not have left without telling anyone where she was going.  Foul play is suspected in her case due to the circumstances involved.